You might have seen pictures or heard stories from Wayside events this year. One of our favorites was working with?Family and Friends of Incarcerated People (FFOIP)?from DC to pull off an inspiring weekend with 20 of their youth members. The kids, many of whom had never left their neighborhoods, took over Wayside for a weekend of hiking, swimming, and s’more making. The mentors in the group made spaces for valuable conversations about the effects of incarceration on DC neighborhoods.
It was the kind of weekend that would give you real hope for the kind of world we’re building together.
It’s events like this that bring home how much we are grateful for supporters like you. In 2013 we have big plans for pushing ahead with folks organizing for housing justice, against prisons, and for immigrant justice. Wayside Center is the ideal place for diverse peoples to come together to reflect on the problems confronting them, heal, and collectively craft solutions.
This kind of work for social justice depends on support from you.
We need your?donation?to ensure the inspiring weekends and powerful programming continue.
- $500 covers one person?s travel and registration for an Interpreting for Social Justice workshop
- $250 subsidizes one student?s expenses for Bring It!, Wayside Center?s semi-annual student organizing retreat.
- $125 covers the cost for a Wayside interpreter to provide interpretation for a two-hour multlingual organizing meeting.
- $50 sends a Wayside organizer to support regional actions for?social justice.
- $25 covers meals for one person for a weekend retreat.
Thank you in advance, and best wishes for justice in the new year.
Sincerely, Wayside’s Core Collective
Jeff, Carolina, Josh, and Virginia
PS- Every little bit counts!?Your support?is the most essential part of making Wayside possible.